Monday, December 29, 2014

Advanced Level 2014 ICT Results - Amazed

Friend of mine ( Fuzuly) was called by an English medium advanced level accounts teacher asking if he knows an ICT teacher. I was sitting next to my friend and suddenly he asked if I have any idea of teaching ICT.  Let me think about it I told. After some thinking, I told my friend 'ok I will do this' and asked him to give my words to accounts teacher.

This is how my ICT teaching started back in early June 2014 for 4 girls from Good Shepherd Convent - Colombo 13. There were only 3 months left for the examination.

The students were very afraid of some lessons like python, database management system, karnough maps to name a few and they had no teacher to turn to. As a computer science graduate from the University of Colombo, I agreed to make these things comfortable for them. Finally they became competent on the subjects I touched. They were a very obedient and smart set of students and also my first batch of students.

They sat for the exams and got results on 27th of December 2014.
This 3 months effort plus their commitment gave in one "B" for one of the students. The rest got "C" grade each. Even surprising they got the Best grade for ICT, out of the 3 main subjects each person took.

Remember this is only 3 months effort. I wish this could be 4 "A"s for the 4 students for ICT subject provided that they learnt from me the whole ICT Syllabus for Advanced Level.

However I am very happy about the results and so do my students. I have high hopes in them and wish them all the success in their future endeavors.

I have started Teaching ICT in Hambantota for students of Zahira National School in my leisure time. I'm Thankful for my partners Fuzuly and Naseeh for providing full support for this effort although I am not in the office at Dehiwala, working remotely most of the time from Hambantota.

"Geniuz Institute of Technology" my educational initiative rolling out on 1st January 2015 in Hambantota.


- Shiham Samsudeen,




3 comments:

  1. Thank u very much sir and always a blessing to study with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to God for showing you at the last moment..without you this result wouldn't have been possible! 😊 Thank you Sir!

    ReplyDelete